top of page
  • Writer's pictureVanessa Bonifacio Redula

You have a work injury. Now what?

What to bring at your first appointment with Redula and Redula.

You have a work injury. You have gotten treatment, payments, and the insurance company is sending you paperwork about “closing your file.” You have not yet fully recovered.

What do you do?

1. Tell the doctor, therapists, insurance company about every body part in pain since the injury date.

  • Are you getting worse? Are other body parts starting to hurt?

2. Look for a new doctor within the insurance company’s Medical Provider Network (MPN).

  • You are entitled to a second opinion doctor from the MPN;

  • You can meet with us and we can help you find a doctor who we know to be compassionate towards injured workers.

3. Make an appointment with our office to find out your next steps.

  • We can help guide your case and we know what the next steps you should take to help resolve your claims.

4. After you make an appointment with us, gather all your documents to bring to the meeting with one of our attorneys.

Bring the following:

  • All the letters from the insurance company;

  • Your DWC-1, if you haven’t filled out a DWC-1, let us know;

  • Your last two years of W2’s;

  • Pay stubs - from before your injury and current;

  • Copies of temporary disability or permanent disability checks;

  • Medical Reports;

  • Work Status Reports;

If you don’t bring the documents to your first appointment with us, please know that we will be asking for the documents because it will help us guide your case.

Our office works with you in helping you get your benefits. This is your case and you still need to know what is going on.

Redula and Redula will protect your rights, represent you in front of the workers’ compensation board, and talk to the insurance company. But we also require your participation.

We ask from you to:

  • Make your own file and bring it every time you meet with your attorney;

  • Always tell the truth;

  • Respect our office;

  • We work as a team, so we need you to tell us everything going on in your case;

  • To follow your doctor’s restrictions.

Redula & Redula LLP helps injured workers who live and work in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties.

Salinas, Monterey, Greenfield, King City, Soledad, Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Gonzales, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Boronda, Pebble Beach, Spreckels, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville, Soquel, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Ben Lomond, San Juan Bautista, Hollister, Aromas.

73 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Office Guidelines

Reposted from an old blog post October 12, 2010 October 12, 2010 When was the last time you saw or talked to your workers' compensation attorney? The most frequent complaint by clients is that his/h

Do you need a workers' compensation attorney?

Repost from our blog - January 3, 2012 New Year's Resolution Anyone? Most of us make new year resolutions and resolve to actually do it. Let me suggest one more - HIRE A LAWYER IF YOU GET INJURED AT W


bottom of page