top of page


There are different types of injuries in workers’ compensation - Specific Injury, Cumulative Trauma, Psychiatric Injury, and Death.


Specific Injury

A specific injury is when there is a specific moment at work when you get injured on the job.  For example, you fell at work or something hit you.


Cumulative Trauma

A cumulative trauma injury is an injury that occurred over time.  For example, you have had a administrative job where you are on a computer all day, after a while, you realize your hands hurt, and you have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel.  Your years or months on the job gave you an injury over time.


With both of those types of injuries, you can file a workers’ compensation claim.  Report your injury as soon as you can, fill out a DWC 1 (link - it's called Workers' Compensation Claim form), and any paperwork your job requires to file the claim.  


Psychiatric Injury

If you have a psychiatric condition that you or your doctor believe is because of work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.  A psych claim is usually more complicated than an orthopedic (physical) injury and we recommend you speaking to an attorney if you have questions about filing a psychiatric claim.  There are stricter legal requirements before qualifying for benefits from a psychiatric claim.  

Again, you fill out a claim form (DWC 1) if you have a psychiatric claim because of work.


If a worker died while working, or you believe work contributed to the death, beneficiaries (people who relied on the worker for food and shelter) may be entitled to death benefits.  If you feel like you may be entitled to this benefit, call our office to make an appointment with an attorney because this benefit is a more complicated one to qualify for and our office can help.  

If you have questions about filing a workers’ comp claim because you were injured on the job or the worker died because of work, call our office and make an appointment to meet with one of our attorneys.  



Redula & Redula LLP helps injured workers who live and work in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties.  We help injured workers apply for workers’ compensation benefits after work injuries - specific injuries, cumulative trauma (repetitive work injuries), psychiatric injuries, death benefits cases, subsequent injuries benefits trust fund cases (SIBTF), slip and falls, carpal tunnel syndrome.    


Salinas, Monterey, Greenfield, King City, Soledad, Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Gonzales, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Boronda, Pebble Beach, Spreckels, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville, Soquel, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Ben Lomond, San Juan Bautista, Hollister, Aromas

bottom of page