top of page


Some basics that we suggest you do when you have a work injury

Report Your Work Injury

  • If you have a work injury in California, report it, and fill out a DWC-1. Keep copies of everything, so you can know what is going on your case, and if you hire an attorney, the attorney can review the records.

​Mileage Reimbursement

  • Remember, send your mileage reimbursements when you have a workers' compensation claim. Every time you drive to the doctor's office, go to physical therapy, or pick up a prescription, list your mileage and send in the form promptly. Do not lose out on benefits!

Choice of Doctor

  • If you have a workers' compensation case in California, you can change doctors to another doctor in the insurance carrier's MPN. You are not stuck with the first clinic your work picked.

​Follow Doctor's Restrictions

  • Always follow your doctor's restrictions! Always keep in mind what you can and cannot do. Do not re-injure yourself or get worse by trying to do more. If your doctor's restrictions are not enough, talk to you doctor and see if you need new restrictions.


  • If you are more comfortable speaking another language, the Labor Code gives you the right to an interpreter in that language when going to the doctor or to court. It is a part of reasonable medical treatment.

Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit/Return to Work Voucher

  • Do you have an injury after 01/01/2013 in California, permanently disabled, and your work cannot offer a job w/in your restrictions? Apply for the Return to Work fund and Job Displacement Voucher. RTW is $5k and the Voucher is a $6k coupon for job training. That is $11k worth of benefits!


  • If you have a work injury, your employer cannot retaliate because you filed a workers comp claim.  If you have been terminated and you believe the reason is because you filed a claim, talk to a workers’ comp attorney!  

Redula & Redula LLP helps injured workers who live and work in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties.  We help injured workers apply for workers’ compensation benefits after work injuries - specific injuries, cumulative trauma (repetitive work injuries), psychiatric injuries, death benefits cases, subsequent injuries benefits trust fund cases (SIBTF), slip and falls, carpal tunnel syndrome.    

Salinas, Monterey, Greenfield, King City, Soledad, Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Gonzales, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Boronda, Pebble Beach, Spreckels, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville, Soquel, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Ben Lomond, San Juan Bautista, Hollister, Aromas

bottom of page