top of page



Permanent disability benefits (PD) are benefits an injured worker can receive if they have not completely recovered from their work injury.  A person can start receiving PD once he is found to be permanent and stationary (P&S)/reached maximal medical improvement (MMI).  It is a doctor is who determines that status, not the insurance company.      


A primary treating physician (PTP) or evaluator (Qualified Medical Evaluator - QME) gives an injured worker a whole person impairment (WPI) rating for each injured body part and this is adjusted by age and occupation.  


There is a maximum dollar amount a person can receive each week.  This was determined by the legislature and cannot be controlled by the attorneys.    


A person’s permanent disability rating can range from 0% (completely healed) to 100% (total permanent disability).  

There is no pain and suffering benefit in workers' comp.  


If you have questions about PD or workers’ comp, call Redula & Redula and meet with one of our attorneys.  

Redula & Redula LLP helps injured workers who live and work in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties.  We help injured workers apply for workers’ compensation benefits after work injuries - specific injuries, cumulative trauma (repetitive work injuries), psychiatric injuries, death benefits cases, subsequent injuries benefits trust fund cases (SIBTF), slip and falls, carpal tunnel syndrome.    


Salinas, Monterey, Greenfield, King City, Soledad, Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Gonzales, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Boronda, Pebble Beach, Spreckels, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville, Soquel, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Ben Lomond, San Juan Bautista, Hollister, Aromas

bottom of page