What Redula & Redula LLP
is doing at this time of uncertainty
Our office has had to change during this time of uncertainty to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
As of May 25, 2021, the County of Monterey is at the MODERATE/ORANGE county risk level. This means that some indoor businesses are open with modifications.
For the latest updates in Monterey County, go to this link.
For the latest updates in California, go to the state's Covid-19 information page.
The County of Monterey suggests:
Move activities outdoors. Outdoor activities pose less risk than indoor activities.
Stay masked. Consistent use of face coverings both indoors and outdoors is very effective at preventing spread of the coronavirus.
Maintain at least 6-foot distance from others. Social distancing from those who do not live with you is effective at keeping the coronavirus away.
Avoid crowds. The fewer people you encounter and the fewer interactions you have, the lower the chance the virus will spread.
Get vaccinated when it is your turn. All federally authorized vaccines work well and will help keep you, your family, and your friends healthy.
We are an essential business, but to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, we have closed our office to the public.
We are still taking new clients - we can do video conferencing or phone appointments.
The Workers' Compensation Appeals Board has also had to change their procedures. All parties, defense firms, insurance carriers, and our office has had to change procedures to comply with State and County regulations and rules. We want to ensure that we are keeping our clients and staff safe during this time.
We understand that our clients still need our guidance and assistance.
New procedures our office has taken at this time:
1. We will confer with you directly, but not in-person. We will speak to you by telephone or email, whenever needed. If you have the ability to use web conferencing, we can do that too. Please give us your updated/current telephone number or email, so we can contact you. You will miss important deadlines if you do not give us your correct updated information.
2. If you come to our office, we can only talk to you through a locked door and require everyone to wear masks. This is for everyone's safety; yours and ours!
3. Regarding Court appearances, the process has been constantly changing. As of September 2020, the court is still closed to the public. Please do NOT go to the court or to our office at your hearing time. Please BE AVAILABLE BY TELEPHONE AT YOUR COURT TIME. Your attorney will call you regarding the status of your case at that time. It is important to give us your most updated telephone and email address.
Beginning August 17, 2020, the court will start holding video trials. We will help prepare clients individually for trial if we need live testimony.
4. Our office is not doing in-person depositions at this time. We are doing video or telephone depositions. Our office will contact you regarding your individual deposition. Please leave us your most current telephone number, so we can contact you.
5. We are still appealing UR denials, speaking to insurance companies, defense attorneys and judges on your behalf.
Take care of yourselves.
Redula & Redula LLP helps injured workers who live and work in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties. We help injured workers apply for workers’ compensation benefits after work injuries - specific injuries, cumulative trauma (repetitive work injuries), psychiatric injuries, death benefits cases, subsequent injuries benefits trust fund cases (SIBTF), slip and falls, carpal tunnel syndrome.
Salinas, Monterey, Greenfield, King City, Soledad, Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Gonzales, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Boronda, Pebble Beach, Spreckels, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville, Soquel, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Ben Lomond, San Juan Bautista, Hollister, Aromas